Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Project 2010: Days 34 & 35; Two Albums I Love Edition

Against Me! New Wave

This is one of my go-to albums. It is full of politics, and punk sentiments while being musically interesting, if not catchy. The songs range from summer romance to ineffectual protest to being a little too old to be living the way you are. There isn't one song of filler and it makes you want to sing along. Here are some selections:








Brand New - Deja Entendu
This is another one of my favorite albums. It is the apex of Brand New's career in my opinion. Their sounds are so vocally interesting, rotating between hurt, bitterness, anger, and pride. This is also one of my favorite bands lyrically, with just so many great lines that can be used to describe yourself. "I am the brick that shattered all of your dreams." "Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not." "I am all you ever wanted, what all the other boys all promised." OK. Maybe I wouldn't describe myself this way, but you get what I'm saying. Here are some selections:







Here's the list:
Born On The Bayou - John Fogerty
Born On The FM Waves - Against Me!
Born on The FM Waves - Ben Lee
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
Bottle Of Blues - Beck
Bottle Rocket - The Go! Team
Bought A Bride - Brand New
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - Green Day
Bouncing Around the Room - Phish (X3!)
Bound - Matt Costa
A Bower Scene - The Decembrists
Bowl Of Oranges - Bright Eyes
Box Of Rain - Grateful Dead
Box Set - Barenaked Ladies
The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel
Boxing - Ben Folds Five
Boy - The Magic Numbers
The Boy Done Wrong Again - Belle & Sebastian
Boy In The Well - R.E.M.
The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot - Brand New
Boy With A Barbie - Ben Lee
Boy With A Coin - Iron & Wine
The Boy With The Arab Strap - Belle & Sebastian
Brad Logan - Rancid
The Bradley - Further Seems Forever
Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
Brainwashct - Ben Folds
Brand New Day - Van Morrison
Brand New Sun - Jason Lytle
Brass In Pocket - The Pretenders
Brass Monkey - Beastie Boys
Break Me - The Lemonheads
Break On Through - The Doors
Break Your Heart - Barenaked Ladies
Break Your Heart - Natalie Merchant
Breakdown - Jack Johnson
Breakdown - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Breakfast At Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something
Breakin' - The All-American Rejects
Breakin' Me - Jonny Lang
Breaking The Habit - Linkin Park
Breakout - Foo Fighters
Breastplate Of St. Patrick - O'Malley's March
The Breeze - Bill Callahan
Brian And Robert - Phish
Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies
Brick - Ben Folds Five
Bride & Bridle - The Long Winters
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
The Brilliant Dance - Dashboard Confessional (X2)
Brimful Of Asha - Cornershop
Bring Back The Sun - Our Lady Peace
Bring me my Bride - Stephen Sondheim
Bring The Funk - Ben Harper
The Bringer - Elfin Saddle
Broad Majestic Shannon - O'Malley's March

No comments:

Post a Comment