Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Project 2010

Today was a pretty darn good day of music. I made it to song 1,100 out of 6,714.

I have already professed my love of Nada Surf in this blog, but every time they pop up during Project 2010, I keep wondering why I am not listening to them all the time. Concrete Bed was the first song for today and it was great. It has a great tune and simple lyrics that make you think but not too much.



That was followed by "Confetti" by the Lemonheads. Another great, uptempo tune by a band that I used to listen to all the time.
(sorry, they don't allow embedding)

This was then followed by the Better Than Ezra version of "Conjunction Junction" which is a good reminder for me. Here's the original:




(If you were wondering, the streak ended when "Conquering Fools" by O.A.R. came on. Thank goodness it was only a five minute version of the song)

However, then Motion City Soundtrack came up with "The Conversation." I have talked earlier about my Motion City soundtrack love. This is the slowest song of theirs that I like. I don't know why I like songs about love gone wrong so much...



Finally, The Streets deserve a lot more space than I am going to give them. The Streets is Mike Skinner. He is quite obviously British. His songs and albums tell some pretty interesting stories while making you bob your head to the beat. "Could Well Be In" is a pretty good example of the kind of thing that he does. The song comes off "A Grand Don't Come For Free" which is an album that goes through a day in the life where the protagonist of the album has 1,000 pounds stolen from him. Or gone missing. Or something. Anyways, it's a great album. Here's "Could Well Be In."

No comments:

Post a Comment