Monday, May 17, 2010

Project 2010

#1: For some reason I consider anything that R.E.M. did after "Monster" to be late R.E.M. Ridiculous, I know, but really at that point R.E.M. stayed great but much of the world seemed to have lost track of them. This is all my way of saying "Hope" off of "Up" is great. I love it. Unfortunately I couldn't find a version to embed, so you'll just have to trust me on this.

#2: "Horchata" by Vampire Weekend. Horchata is non-alcoholic. Gotta be honest, makes the song less fun for me, but like all Vampire Weekend songs I'm not 100% sure what this song is really about.



#3: Nothing is more fun than getting through a totally random 9 second track in the middle of everything else. Here it is for your enjoyment:



#4: Today I've been hearing a lot of Beck. Apparently he likes writing song titles that start with the letter H. The sentence "I'm the enchanting wizard of rhythm" is pretty great.

#5: And I've been hearing even more R.E.M. I'm up to maybe four R.E.M. songs so far. Scratch that. I'm up to five. Really. Almost half of an R.E.M. album at this point. And nothing from before "New Adventures in Hi-Fi." Crazy.

#6: I think I've talked about how much I love Snow Patrol when just one random song of theirs comes on. Can't really explain it. Today was "How to be Dead." I think I just enjoy how this song feels like it is building and building until it... well doesn't quite explode, but it does go somewhere.



Today I made it to 2654 of 7,132. The newest album on my ipod is The National's "Boxer." It's really great but again I'm super late to the game. The new Paste Magazine Sampler should be getting on my ipod pretty soon, and I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment