Monday, May 17, 2010

Project 2010

#1: I'm surprised more people don't know about The Go! Team. They are an incredibly fun band. I first saw them live about 5 years ago at a festival outside of Cleveland that was the Thursday before Lollapalooza. They grabbed a bunch of bands that were on their way to Chicago for the weekend and it was a great line-up and a lot of fun. For some reason it wasn't really successful, which is too bad.

The Go! Team's live show was full of energy and everyone in the audience was dancing and seemed to really be enjoying themselves. Ladyflash is just superhuman in my mind, in terms of how much she puts into her performance. This is all my way of saying that today I heard "Huddle Formation" which made me want to go out for a run.

This is just a clip at them performing at Lolla in 2008 (I was actually there). The sound is Terrible, but watch her move!



Here is "Huddle Formation."


#2: The Killers album "Day and Age" took me a while to warm up to. I loved their first two albums, but this just seemed totally different, until I realized it was just an all out dance album. "Human" isn't my favorite, but it's still pretty good.



#3: Sharon Jones is amazing. Her voice is killer. I love it.

#4: Bob Dylan's "Hurricane" is a pretty catchy song about social injustice. But long. Really long.

No comments:

Post a Comment