Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Project 2010

#1: The Early November is totally a band that I have listened to more of since I've started this project. I really seem to like them every time they come up. Today I listened to "I don't know how to say this."

#2: Ben Kweller just has such a unique voice. The second I start to hear him sing I totally know that it's him. Not a ton of people like that. Today I listened to "I don't know why." Not my favorite of his but still.

#3: R.E.M.'s Monster still sounds great. It has to be at least 15 years. Probably more. After "I don't sleep but I dream" I was startled when Star 69 didn't come on immediately afterward. Yet another odd thing about this project, I suppose.

#4: One of the things I like about Straylight Run is that sometimes you get Matt doing the vocals, sometimes his sister, and sometimes they sing together. There are a few bands where different songs have different lead vocalists (I listened to Out Of Time this weekend and forgot that on at least a couple of tracks Michael Stipes gave up the microphone). I think in a lot of cases this really works and lets the band expand their sound. I listened to "I don't want this anymore."

#5: Heard my favorite Conor Oberst song (solo, not Bright Eyes):



#6: Since I'm a sucker for war protest songs, I was all happy about Country Joe & the Fish singing "I feel like I'm fixing to die rag."

I'm on 2,746 of 7,178. Don't really feel like I'm getting closer to finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment