Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Project 2010: Day 13 - Indie Crush

Today I'm going to talk about one of my indie crushes: Bright Eyes. I absolutely love listening to Bright Eyes' Conor Oberst. I know he's not for everyone, but his lyrics and his melodies just get stuck in my head. He sings about life as many of us live and experience it. He sings about war, love, lust, being drunk, being loved, being caught, being scared, and just plan being young in America right now and the weirdness that all of that means.

With that said, here are a few of my favorites (First Day Of My Life might be one of my favorite music videos ever- did I mention I've been in a really sappy mood, lately?):








Some other observations for today:
Brian Setzer had the first song so far where I just wanted it to end. It couldn't finish soon enough. At all.

I love Dashboard Confessional a little too much. When "As Lovers Go" came on I wanted to belt it out in my cubicle. And I have a terrible voice. It would have been good for no one.

Here's my list for today:
Are We The Waiting - Green Day
Are You A Hypnotist? - The Flaming Lips
Are You Devo - Shelby Sifers
Are You Going To Be My Girl - JET
Are You In? - Incubus
Are You Sad? - Our Lady Peace
Argue - Matchbox Twenty
Ari Are We - Capgun Coup
Arienette - Bright Eyes
Arizona - Kings Of Lean
Armchairs - Andrew Bird
Armies Walk - Nada Surf
Armistace - Phoenix
Arms Of A Thief - Iron & Wine
Army - Ben Folds Five
Army Of One - Phish
Arnold Layne - Pink Floyd
Around The Block - Company Of Thieves
Around The Sun - R.E.M.
Artistic License - The Starting Line
As For Now - Lindsay Rae Spurlock
As Long As I'm Singin' - THe Brian Setzer Orchestra
As Long As You Follow - Fleetwood Mac
As Lovers Go - Dashboard Confessional

Off to listen to more music....

No comments:

Post a Comment