Friday, January 15, 2010

Project 2010: Day 15: Australia

I love Australia. OK, I've never been. But I do love the idea of Australia. Also, the song Australia. It just makes you want to yell "la la la la!"



Seeing the Shins play at McCarren Park Pool is one of my most memorable concert experiences. It's a gigantic Robert Moses era pool in Brooklyn that had not been used in years as a pool. Several years ago they started to have shows there with the bands playing on a stage at the edge of the pool and the audience standing in the drained pool. In my mind it's a idea ripe for Lincoln Park Pool in Albany except that the band would have to be in the middle.

Another reason I love Australia is Youth Group. Today I hit the "B's" which meant listening to "Babies In Your Dream." I really enjoy Toby Martin's vocals and the the music just takes me to a happy place. Of their albums, "Skeleton Jar" is my favorite. I think their music has the rare quality of being calm and melodic but still driven.





Oh, also- made it to the "B's"!

Here's what I listened to today:

An Audience With The Pope - Elbow
Auditorium - Guided By Voices
Auf Achse - Franz Ferdinand
An August Theme - ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
Aurora - Foo Fighters
Australia - The Shins
Authority Song - John Mellencamp
Autobiography Of A Nation - Thursday
Autoclave - The Mountain Goats
Autographs & Apologies - Motion City Soundtrack
Autography - The Starting Line
Automatic - Weezer
Automatic Flowers - Our Lady Peace
Autumn Beds - Modest Mouse
Avery Island/April 1 - Neutral Milk Hotel
Avery M. Powers Memorial Beltway - Fear Of Pop
Away - Slaraffenland
Away From - Rusted Root
The Awful Sweetness Of Escaping... - Bright Eyes
Axilla Part II - Phish
B-Boy Bouillabaisse - Beastie Boys
The B-List - The Starting Line
Baba O'Riley - The Who
Babies In Your Drams - Youth Group
Baby - Devendra Banhart
Baby - Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise
Baby Body - Youth Group
Baby Boomer - Monsters Of Folk
Baby Don't You Do It - The Who
A Baby For Pree - Neutral Milk Hotel
Baby I'm Gone - Pete Yorn
Baby Seat - Barenaked Ladies
Baby Will Roam - Rusted Root
Baby You're a Rich Man - The Beatles
Baby, It's a Fact - Hellogoodbye
(Baby) Hold Me Tight - Kitty, Daisy & Lewis
Back 2 Good - Matchbox Twenty
Back Door Man - Iggy Pop
Back From Kathmandu - OK GO
Back Of The Bus - G. Love
Back On The Chain Gang - The Pretenders
Back On The Train - Phish

aaaand Back to listening to music...

No comments:

Post a Comment