Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Project 2010 Days 23-27

There are certain artists or songs that make me think of a very specific person, or time or place- or being in a particular place with a particular person at a particular time. Jack Johnson is one of those artists. He makes me think of one of my friends, and of five or seven years ago. And of summer. And of being by the pool. And of rainy days inside. And being calm and happy where you are. I know lots of people aren't into him, but every time I hear a song by him I smile. And that is why I enjoy Jack Johnson.



Some other thoughts:

This is a terrible version of Thomas Function's "Belly of the Beast" but I love the song and it's what I could find:


Can't pass up the opportunity to post this, especially because I love how she looks in 1970:


I actually have an R. Kelly song on my ipod? How did that get on there?

Going from Motion City Soundtrack to Harry Chapin is pretty jarring.

A friend told me that the Mika album was really good. Never followed his music advice ever again.

Fleetwood Mac's "Big Love" is far superior on The Dance album, then their older version.

There are a lot of "Bird" songs. Who knew?

Speaking of artists who remind me of people, They Might Be Giants always remind me of my friend Jon. So here's this:



Belated Promise Ring - Iron & Wine (X3)
Believe - The All American Rejects
Believe Me Natalie - The Killers
Believer - Ben Kweller
Believer - BT
Bell Bottom Blues - Derek & The Dominoes
A Bell Will Ring - Oasis
Belle - Jack Johnson
Belle Of The Boulevard - Dashboard Confessional
Bells of Creation - ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
Belly Of The Beast - Thomas Function
Belong - R.E.M.
Beloved One - Ben Harper
Beloved Wife - Natalie Merchant
Belt - Say Anything
Bend And Not Break - Dashboard Confessional
Bend In the Road - Donavon Franenreiter
Berkeley Girl - Harper Simon
Bertha - Grateful Dead
The Best Deceptions - Dashboard Confessional
The Best Happiness Money Can Buy - I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business
Best I Ever Had - Drake feat. R. Kelly
Best Imitation of Myself - Ben Folds
The Best of What's Around - Dave Matthews Band
Better Life - 3 Doors Down
Better Open The Door - Motion City Soundtrack
A Better Place To Be - Harry Chapin
Better Together - Jack Johnson
Beverly Hills - Weezer
Beware! Criminal - Incubus
Beyond The Horizon - Bob Dylan
Big Bird in a Small Cage - Patrick Watson
Big Black Nothing - Conor Oberst
Big Chief Chinese Restaurant - Guided By Voices
Big Dumb Rocket - Our Lady Peace
Big Eyed Fish - Dave Matthews Band
Big Gay Heart - The Lemonheads
Big Girl - Mika
Big Indian - The Dandy Warhols
Big Love - Fleetwood Mac (X2)
Big Meanie - Len
The Big Parade - 10,000 Maniacs
The Big Picture - Bright Eyes
Big River - Grateful Dead
Big Rock Candy Mountain - Harry McClintock
Big Star - 10,000 Maniacs
Big Sur - The Thrills
Big Ups - Noise Addict
Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
Bigger Burn - Eleni Mandell
A Bigger Meaning - The Early November
Bike - Pink Floyd
Bike Scene - Taking Back Sunday
Biken Family Nugun - SoCalled
Billion Bees - Kevin Devine
Billy Breathes - Phish
Billy Brown - Mika
Binky The Doormat - R.E.M.
Bird - Susan Enan
The Bird & The Blanket - The Fifteenth
Bird Song - Grateful Dead
Bird Stealing Bread - Iron & Wine
Birdhouse In Your Soul- They Might Be Giants
Birds And Bees - Ben Lee
Birds And Ships - Billy Bragg & Wilco

No comments:

Post a Comment