Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Today's Musical Crush

I've been keeping a list of bands that I want to learn more about, and listen to a little bit more. I've been going down the list and finding out more information about these bands and trying to find some music by them when I've had a little bit of down time. One of these bands is Freelance Whales.

Now, I wouldn't say I'm in love with them. It's not like the torrid musical affair I've been having with Sufjan Stevens, or my intense feelings of longing for Noah And The Whale (I know, whales Everywhere!), but I definitely have a crush. I definitely want to hear more. And I am definitely jealous of people in Chicago who can see them play with Surfer Blood this month.

I would tell what they sound like- with their interesting orchestration, and melodic vocals, but you should just listen for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment