Thursday, March 11, 2010

Project 2010: Day 71

Here I am in Don't land...

And also apparently stuck in the 1990's for the moment as I sang every word to Oasis' "Don't Look Back In Anger." Even weirder, I totally have that jacket that Noel Gallagher is wearing, and I wear it all the time. Mine is definitely not as old as this song is.



Speaking of the 90's, another of the "Don'ts" I listened to is Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop." I know, I know, the song is much older than that, but I associate the song with Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign, since it was the campaign's theme song. It was also the time that they came back together for a couple of years. Anyways, makes me think back to a time where things were about to go on an upswing, and I'm hoping that's where we are again in history.



Then, I somehow spent the rest of the afternoon listening to this. It's a compilation of different Code Talking stations. I find it equal parts creepy and fascinating. One of the tapes from The Conet Project was the inspiration for the title of Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot album, and an piece of that code talker is on the album (track 4 on the site).

No comments:

Post a Comment