Monday, March 8, 2010

Project 2010

Today I only got to song 1,303 of 6,779. I think I added more songs this weekend than I was able to listen to today, so I might be losing a bit of ground. I put Freestyle Whales onto my ITunes the other day and I am really enjoying their album.

One of the things I really like about this project is that it gives me an opportunity to find some songs that I may have overlooked, either because they are on albums that I didn't listen to much or because they were buried somewhere in an album where I was no longer paying much attention. One such song is Animal Collective's "Derek" which is off of "Strawberry Jam." I've listened to "Merriweather Post Pavilion" about 100 times and "Strawberry Jam" about 3 times. So, I was pretty happy with this find.



I love Bob Dylan, but at around minute eight of Desolation Row I'm ready for something else to be going on.

Another artist that I seem to have a lot of on my iPod is Beck. Almost every time I hit one of his songs I'm pretty happy about it. Definitely loved "Devil's Haircut" today.




Finally, I got to hear "Dialtone" by Saturday Looks Good to Me. Saturday Looks Good To Me is a Detroit area band that I saw several times when I lived in Michigan. They always put on a really fun show and were one of those bands that always seemed to be having a party on stage with a plethora of band members participating. I couldn't find a good version of "Dialtone" to embed, so here's a link:

http://www.last.fm/music/Saturday+Looks+Good+to+Me/_/Dialtone

No comments:

Post a Comment