Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Project 2010

OK, so things have been busy. Not sure how great my updating will be for the next week or three. Here goes nothing:

One of the really interesting things about this project is that some bands just sound a little bit better when you're not listening to an entire 50 minutes of them at a stretch. I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business / The Early November totally fits into this category for me. Every time one of their songs pop up I really like it, yet I seem to be loath to just listen to one of their albums straight though, and as much as I really love The Decembrists, I think I like them more when they just pop up randomly for 3-6 minutes and then go away for a little bit. Today I heard "The Engine Driver" from The Decembrists.



One of the really great things about this project is finding songs that I may have overlooked. For example some songs might be on a Say Anything double album that at some times might be a little bit grating. On the other hand, apparently "Every Man Has A Molly" is somewhere in there. and yes, we all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment