Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Project 2010

A quick refresher intro: Starting January 1st I've been listening to my iPod in alphabetic order by song (thus, Project 2010). I've been talking about certain songs or random thoughts that occur as I proceed through this project. At this point i'm pretty deep into the D's, and it's already looking like this will drag into 2011. Today I got to song 1,340 of 6,779.

Now to our regularly scheduled programming:

Every Indie Boy knows and loves Belle and Sabastian. OK, every 32 year old Indie Boy knows and loves Belle and Sabastian. Pretty early in the day I got to "Dirty Dream Number Two," which is a pretty respectable song by them. At some point I should do an all-out salute to them, but for today you'll just get this:



Not too much longer I got to The All-American Rejects "Dirty Little Secret." I have no shame about enjoying The All-American Rejects. They are poppy, hooky, and fun. In addition, I actually really like this video for some reason.



Lately, anytime I hear The Postal Service I think, "when will they come out with another album?" The answer keeps looking like never, which is unfortunate. Give Up was such a great album, and getting something else comparable would be welcome:



Did I mention that I had a ton of R.E.M. on my iPod? I do. I think barely a day goes by where I don't hear at least one R.E.M. song. Not that I'm complaining.

I will complain that I listened to Phish perform "The Divided Sky" twice in a row for almost a half hour (and I wonder why I'm not getting through a lot of songs). I didn't realize that the one 14 minute version was over, and that the 18 minute version began. It's a great jam, just not twice in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment